Theresa is a 1984 graduate of Boston College and a 1987 graduate of St. John’s University School of Law, where she was the New York Practice Editor of the St. John’s Law Review. She practiced first at Willkie Farr & Gallagher, and then with Schwab Goldberg Price & Dannay until in January 1995, she joined Lee Pollock in White Plains. In January 1996, Theresa and Lee became partners, and the firm became Pollock & Maguire LLP.
Theresa’s practice is concentrated in trusts and estates, including estate planning, estate administration, estate litigation, guardianship law, and elder law. She is also very experienced in residential and commercial real estate transactional work , real estate title isssues and litigation, business formation and planning, general business law and general litigation. Theresa is admitted to practice in New York State and in the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, as well as the Supreme Court of the United States.
Theresa is a member of the New York State and Westchester County Bar Associations, as well as a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York. Theresa is active in her community, having served as the Treasurer, an Executive Board Member and pro bono legal advisor to the FC Westchester Elite Soccer Club over ten years and prior to that, acting for many years as Executive Board Member and Treasurer of the White Plains Youth Soccer Association and as a member of the board of directors of the Westchester Youth Soccer League. Theresa is a past president of her church’s Women’s Guild and a member of the Woman’s Club of White Plains. She also served as Legal Governor on the Board of Governors of Coveleigh Club, Rye, New York, for five years.
- St. John's University School of Law, New York Practice Editor of the St. John's Law Review, 1987
- Boston College, cum laude, 1984
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Westchester County Bar Association
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Past Member & Past Legal Governor of Board of Governors, Coveleigh Club, Rye, New York
- Past Treasurer & Executive Board Member, FC Westchester Elite Soccer Club
- Member, Woman's Club of White Plains
- Past President, Women's Guild - Our Lady of Sorrows Church
- Trusts and Estates – Estate Planning, Taxation, Administration and Litigation
- Real Estate Transactions, Litigation and Disputes
- Family Law, Elder Law and Guardianship
- Business and Commercial Law